Freedom Alliance contributes to the rehabilitation and recovery of wounded service members and military families through a variety of activities that include Welcome Home celebrations, Adaptive Sports programs, Family Fun Days, Troop Appreciation Dinners, professional sporting events, movie nights and more.
These activities promote a healthy lifestyle and are vital to the well-being of our troops. Overcoming the wounds of war takes many months, even years. The recovery process is fraught with negative temptations like excess medication, addictive substances and idleness.
Active engagement keeps our troops on the road to recovery.
Since the start of the War on Terror, Freedom Alliance has:
- Supported tens of thousands of military personnel – wounded, active duty, deploying service members, troops returning from combat, and military families.
- Furnished Warrior Transition Units with furniture, pool tables, stereos, and other recreational gear.
- Supplied rehabilitation units with exercise equipment, custom bikes and therapeutic equipment.
- Constructed a handicapped accessible dock and kayak launch for wounded Marines at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
Freedom Alliance also provides financial assistance to troops injured in Iraq or Afghanistan who are facing difficult circumstances.
When a service member is injured, his family incurs unexpected costs for travel, incidentals, meals on the road, phone bills, baby-sitters, and lost income. These hit hard and fast.
Freedom Alliance has awarded $2 million in grants to hospitalized heroes.
“I know my husband wouldn’t have gotten better this quickly if our kids hadn’t been by his bedside.”
– Thanks from a spouse after Freedom Alliance provided a travel grant for this wounded hero’s children to be with him as he recovered at Brooke Army Medical Center.
“Freedom Alliance was beyond amazing. Our experience with them was not only easy, but they became like family…THANK YOU, FREEDOM ALLIANCE.”
– The Earp Family
“Freedom Alliance is a true life saver. Not only did they treat us with the utmost respect and kindness, they made our Christmas possible.”
– A Grateful Military Family
“I am grateful and more than honored to call Freedom Alliance ‘My Family’. Freedom Alliance helped me take care of my family when I was laid off from my job…Freedom Alliance is more than just a Veterans Organization, they are family and are deeply in our hearts.”
– SGT Harrison Manyoma
“I can’t say enough about Freedom Alliance and what its doing for our veterans returning from war.”
– A Thankful Wounded Hero